The Energy Smart Mediterranean Schools Network (ESMES) project focuses on the optimization of energy consumption in public schools through innovative, monitoring-based renewable energy and energy efficiency (REEE) pilot actions in 5 involved countries: Italy, Spain, Jordan, Lebanon, and Tunisia. At the same time, the project will improve the capacity of 5 public institutions in order to implement innovative energy rehabilitations.
Some of the expected achievement are listed below:
- Set-up strategies to support efficient and cost-effective energy mix in public schools
- Set-up national energy efficiency hubs among relevant stakeholders to enhance national cooperation on REEE.
- Prepare REEE rehabilitation plans for public schools based on monitoring data and energy audits
- Implement pilot REEE solutions in public schools with energy performance certifications
- Run schools contests and increase awareness and better energy habits in schools through trainings and awareness activities
Lead Beneficiary/Project Coordinator: Institute for University Cooperation (ICU), Italy
Partner 1: German Jordanian University, Jordan
Partner 2: Municipality of Alcamo, Italy
Partner 3: Ribera Consortium, Spain
Partner 4: National Agency for Energy Conservation, Tunisia
Partner 5: Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation, Lebanon
Associate 1: Generalitat Valenciana - Valencian Institute of Business Competitiveness (IVACE), Spain
Associate 2: Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Jordan
Associate 3: Department of Astronautic , Electrical and Energy Engineering of Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Associate 4: Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Associate 5: Société de gestion de la Technopole de Borj Cedria, Tunisia
Associate 6: University of Sousse, Tunisia
Associate 7: Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Lebanon
3 years (from September 2019 to August 2022)
Total budget of € 3.3 million, of which € 2.9 million is co-funded by the EU under the ENI CBC Med Programme.
More information about ESMES project can be found at:
Project Coordinator: ICU, Sofia Rossi / firstname.lastname@example.org / +962 (0)798420650
LCEC Project Coordinator: Reem Irany / email@example.com / +961 1 389589
“This project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme”.